Tuesday 11 August 2015

Getting back on the horse! Training update



Okay confession time- I stayed lazy and continued to not run last week when I probably should have done. I could have forced myself but my heart is not in running at the moment. I enjoy running when I do it...but getting out of the door seems to be very difficult.

  • Last weeks exercise consisted of 1 x 20 minute HIIT kettlebell session - I'm having the right motivation to do HIIT at the moment- maybe dreams of bikini bodies.
  • Unfortunately no running until the weekend- Saturday morning I managed to attend Lululemon's Hyde Park outdoor yoga. It was lovely and warm and although I struggled with the downward facing dog I enjoyed the class and having a good stretch. I then went to an amazing talk about nutrition with a complimentary green juice and goody bag. This was my first special Lululemon's events and it won't be my last-its amazing.
  • Then in the afternoon I ran a very slow 7 miles along the canal path-it seemed a lot of hard work. 
This week much of the same story-my diet has been generally good, better then it has been in weeks and my skin is a lot clearer (but more on that in another post) On the Saturday night i feel over and drunkenly hurt my wrist which meant no kettlebells and push ups (boo hiss)
  • On Wednesday my boyfriend got enough of me feeling sorry for myself and forced me to run. Running 3.5 miles to his pace gave me a 10.52 minute per mile average pace. Yey! Go someone else's pace
  • On Saturday I tried to run 8 miles. It was hot & my stomach was playing up. I couldn't find my running mojo and cut the run short at 5 miles. 
How has your training been? Any advice to kick me out of the front door and actually to run?

No comments:

Post a Comment