Thursday 2 July 2015

Triple Threat at 1Rebel

Post marathon I wanted to change my exercise routine-having mainly run for 4 months I wanted to try different classes and with the selection in London I decided to buy myself a 'Triple Threat Class' at 1Rebel near Liverpool Street. This 30 minute run, 30 minute cycle and 30 minute HIIT at the time didn't alarm me.


So on a nice sunny afternoon I headed to gym thinking that I had this prepared. I was nervous but felt that I had strong legs and this was me starting to improve my core and burn some serious calories. We started running for 30 minutes and I followed the pack, everyone appeared to have a faster pace then me but we kept together as a group. I was quite relieved to have the traffic lights to stop and take breathers. They normally do the class on Sunday mornings where the instructors assured us it was usually quiet. But I finished the run section feeling slow and a bit tired already.


Following the run we then went to cycle studio for a what they call their 'ride' class. Having only done my first spin class over a month ago I was keen to see if I did love spin or was it just a one off. Answer I do really love spinning-loud beats that make you cycle in time and strobe lights made me feel like I could really push. Where I felt a bit behind the group in the run, I felt I kept up on the ride class! I could cycle to the beat and feel the resistance in my legs but it felt good. I was a sweaty mess in the class and a happy bean to be burning some serious calories. I felt my legs buckle under when I got off the bike which made me sure that I gave them a good workout.


After the ride class we went downstairs to the 'reshape' class. This is a class split into treadmill hill sprints and then weighted exercises in the centre area. This was not a class for the lighthearted, the treadmills were full on and the smallest weight they have on the bench was 4kg (certainly heavier then I'm used to!) Although the class was great, it was probably too much for me too soon. When we did the first sprint I followed the instructions and went to a speed of the treadmill that made me see spots and I had to stop the machine as that made me feel that I was going to faint. I took one of the exercises out but tried to follow the class when I felt I could. I didn't want to waste this chance to do the class but on reflection I should have probably tried to get stronger before I threw myself into such a hardcore class.


After the class was over I was looking forward to my favourite bit. If you've read other reviews of 1Rebel then you would have heard about the amazing changing rooms. I was not disappointed- cold towels, GHDs, luxury toiletries and electric lockers were all quite impressive. After the class I made sure I took advantage of the posh toiletries and sat and did my hair and make up feeling like I was having a nice treat. The changing rooms are everything you've heard about and the poshest changing rooms I've ever seen.

On reflection I think that the triple threat class was well worth £20 you get to try both 1rebel classes as well as a group run. I'm not so sure I would do the classes separately- I think I would die if I did the reshape class for the usual 45 minutes. I am hoping to go back to do triple threat again when I'm a bit stronger to prove to myself that I am as strong as anyone else!

*I paid for this class with my own money and all opinions and reviews are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment