Sunday 12 July 2015

Starting training again...


How's everyone's weekend going? This beautiful shot was taken on my long run yesterday as I officially started my next half marathon training-it's actually for the royal parks half on October 11th but I have the Ealing half marathon I'm doing as well in September. 

As I love to hear how people's training is going I thought I would do Sunday updates to keep me accountable and to keep enjoying running. Do people prefer weekly or fortnightly updates? Comment below and let me know. But here is how I got on with training this week:

Monday- 20 kettle bell HIIT- in an effort to loose weight I'm doing 2x HIIT sessions a week. On Monday it included lots of kettle bell swings and goblet squats
Tuesday- 3 mile interval run. This was 2 miles steady pace followed by 30 seconds sprint and 2 minutes steady repeated 5 times
Wednesday- rest
Thursday- 2.5 miles steady run followed by 15 minutes kettle bells-it was meant to be longer but I was knackered. 
Friday- rest
Saturday- 10k along the canal path in the sunshine & heat. 
Sunday- 20 minute body weight HIIT 

So that's my week but as its only the first one I'm full of enthusiasm let's hope I can continue with this for the whole 12 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment