Thursday 27 August 2015

Review: INNER ME 28 day Gut Cleanse




So after having stomach problems for such a long time with little improvement I started researching what I can do, after coming across the inner me page I decided that the gut cleanse would be worthwhile for me trying. If you want more information is this is the right step for you click here

The cleanse consists of 4 weeks of cutting out and reintroducing food that are problematic such as gluten and dairy. There are also limits on different foods such as one portion of brown rice of quinoa a day and only one portion of greek yoghurt. Oddly there is also limits of fruits and you can only have berries and citrus fruits, but that didn't feel limited to me. You also take a digestive enzymes and probiotic with breakfast a fish oil supplement with lunch and a vitamin D supplement with dinner. Although I forgot a lot of the vitamin D supplements, I didn't struggle going from none to that many supplements. I also didn't find the meals too restrictive but I did have to include snacks as well as if I don't eat reguarly I am a massive grump. The other part of the detox which was really easy to include was having a peppermint tea within 30 minutes of a meal, this was great for whenever I eat out and really helps settle my stomach after a meal.

But there have been marked improvement in some areas from doing the detox which I want to go into more detail about:

Skin

Here is a benefit that I completely didn't expect, my skin massively improved. Apart from a few hormonal stress spots to my face I have a big improvement to the usual spots that I get on my chest and across my back. I'm not sure if its down to a reduction of dairy products or cutting down on sugar by no longer having processed food. I am going to try and continue with both and see if I can work out which is causing the spots because I will happily avoid if it gives me the confidence I have from having clearer skin.



Bloat

I've included this photo about how my stomach has shrunk, although I clearly do still have my beloved belly. The first photo was a morning shot and the second at the end was taken at the end of the day. Before I tried this detox I was spending my afternoon unbuttoning my top button of trousers and generally feeling uncomfortable around my stomach. I don't feel uncomfortable anymore and I can wear the same pair of jeans all day long without having to unbutton trousers. I also haven't had any stomach cramps after eating which have been plaguing me for months.


I paid for this cleanse out of my own money and would happily do so again if I needed it. I would encourage everyone to visit a doctor and make sure your digestion troubles are not linked to a more serious medical condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment