Thursday 23 April 2015

Struggling through the long runs!



Hello! I'm sure everyone is aware I am struggling through my 2nd time marathon training. I was reading a company refer to a blogger as a 'two time marathon runner' and I thought - in five weeks that will be me. Now I've changed my mind-frame with every other part of my marathon training except one-the prospect of long runs still reduces me to tears. I have been known to cry by the front door before I leave and the fear is made worst by being 5 weeks away from my event and not got my fuelling or pace sorted.

So I have followed as many online tips as I can-audio books saved just for long runs (good idea) fuelling with nuts and dried fruit (bad idea) but nothing has consistently helped me. I can not lie that I'm worried that I'm going to run out of energy and that I am simply not going to be able to do it. My plan this week is to watch the London Marathon and be inspired by all the runner to kick myself up the butt and tell myself if they can do it, I can do it (again!)

So with two long runs left before my marathon I am planning on fuelling my run with mars bars and jelly babies and run along the long flat Thames path that is not preparing me for any hill. I am not caring about times I'm just doing the distances and as it stands I will run my marathon without a watch and just enjoy the route and Edinburgh.

This is my new 'I'm going get this done' pre long run face!


No comments:

Post a Comment