Thursday 16 April 2015

How to Snap Yourself Out of a Bad Spell





I've been struggling recently with a bad IBS flair up and while I have been struggling I have been feeling sorry for myself and being very negative. Although I don't have full control of what my body is doing I've been blaming myself. Beating myself up for not sticking to my training, feeling guilty for having time off work and trying to force my body to do things that it simply isn't up to. The more I push myself the worst my body feels and the cycle goes on and on.
As I know I'm not alone in having these negative thoughts, I decided to do a post to what I've done to help when I'm feeling down:

1. Go outside! I know this is easily said as the weather at the moment is sunny so sitting outside in the sunshine reading a book in my lunch hour is very appealing. But even when it's grey I have found that a walk round the block clears my head and makes me more productive in the afternoon.

2. Talk to someone about how your feeling. If it's your mum, your boyfriend or your best friend they will tell you the truth or give you practical advice that should help. I know its hard to admit that your feeling down but sometimes it helps to just know that your not alone.

3. Treat yourself- do a face mask, paint your nails, have a long bath whatever makes you feel like your winning at life. I know it can be hard to find the time or motivation but a bit of time to yourself can give you a pick me up.

4. Avoid anything tight. When I'm feeling like my body is is not in it's best shape I don't go near tight clothing. I personally can't wear anything without an elasticated waist when my stomach is a bloated mess. Bring in my wardrobe of loose fitting dresses where I feel I look like I have my stuff together and not putting too much pressure on my sensitive stomach.

5. Nourish your body right- I don't always do this but my body feels better when I'm eating healthier and if I'm not feeding it well it shows in my face and bloating. Although eating ice-cream and chocolate will give me short term satisfaction I will not benefit in the long term.

What do you do when your not feeling 100%? How do you stop negative thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment