Friday 16 January 2015

#janathon update!

Right apologies for the lack of updates (Janathon & runs haven't been fantastic either) but I will do an day 5-11 update and I will try to be more on the ball with weekly updates in the following weeks!

Day 5- I hit the gym for a lower body weight session. Kettle bell swings (exhausted me) sumo squats, jump squats, deadlifts, lunges & regular squats! I love squats. I also did some of the weight machines. I really enjoyed this work out and felt strong for the day but I have lost some strength & stamina from a couple of months ago. 

Day 6-I struggled through a slow 2 mile run at 5am! I was still sore from my Monday gym session (leg day before a run is silly Susie) but I got up and did it and felt proud

Day 7- still feeling sore so just walked and had a quick stretch. 



Day 8- I had a different work schedule and because I didn't have a 2 hour commute home I had time in the evening to do a 2.5mile run and took 30 seconds off my average run. Felt very proud of this but now it means I have to beat it...

Day 9 & Day 10 I wasn't able to work out as I got an infection (it was below the neck so although I felt I needed to run I couldn't struggle through the pain) 

Day 11- took a 3 mile walk (and included a cafe for cake) to stretch my legs and get out the house. 

Although I'm not doing what I want everyday I am exercising more. How do people manage running for loads of days in a row? How are other people finding Janathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment