Monday 9 March 2015

Currently running with...

I thought I would let you know what I've been enjoying while I've been running as I am one of those very anti-social runners who likes to put my headphones in and ignore the world:

Long run:
I've started downloading audio books for my long runs (and keeping it only for the long runs) I'm loving following the story & having the miles pass by. I'm currently listening to the girl on the train by Paula Hawkins, this story is griping, full of suspense and nicely cut up to chapter ideal to stop at the end of the run.
You can buy the book here if your a traditional reader or download the audiobook from the itunes store such as I did.

Training runs
Ive loved this podcast from Ben Coomber's podcast. It's a conversation with Mike Mahler and although I love his enthusiasm for kettlebells. What really stuck with me was his talk about how a lack of estrogen or testosterone can effect training. I recently found out that my contraception may have damaged my estrogen levels so listening to this made me think that it may be stopping me from reaching my goals or full potential. It's something that definitely got me thinking and I will be fully investigating. Please let me know if you would like me to update you on how I got on. If you intrigued then please watch it here: youtube link

No comments:

Post a Comment